On March, 20-21 researchers coming from the 10 European countries working on Hotmaps - Heating and Cooling: Open Source Tool for Mapping and Planning of Energy Systems
– will meet up in Bolzano/Bozen to discuss the current state of the project.
The project aim to develop, demonstrate and disseminate a toolbox for producing mapping and planning of energy systems in a European scale. The toolbox would support public authorities, energy agencies and planners in strategic heating and cooling planning on local, regional and national levels, and in-line with EU policies.
In Bolzano/Bozen, researchers from the Technische Universitaet Wien, project leader, will introduce the progress report and together with PlanEnergi CREM, Eurac Research and HES-SO will discuss interesting user stories.
These are the further topics discussed during the 2-days meeting:
- Scenarios and regional Aggregation (WP 5)
- Dissemination and Communication (WP 7)
- Open Data and Mapping (WP 2)
- IT Development and links between Data, modules and energy system planning modules (WP 2/3/4/5)
- Data collection process in pilot areas