The Institute for Biomedicine is a young biomedical research institution integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. It is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and research support staff. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows you to experience the combination of alpine and Mediterranean culture and puts you at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
The Institute's IT group provides the required IT resources and supports our researchers. This includes development of software and databases with special emphasis on data security and data privacy, administration and monitoring of our calculation cluster and servers used for data analysis, and the provision of general support services in the IT area.
- Development of software, web interfaces, databases and mobile applications
- Software algorithm development, implementation, testing and troubleshooting in support of data analysis and visualization needs.
- Complex problem solving and translation of algorithms into code.
- Provide help, software and troubleshooting support to researchers e.g. process automation, workflow integration, data manipulation, scripting and similar.
- Contribute with your know-how from design to implementation as well as to maintenance and migration of existing components.
- Bachelor or master degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent working experience
- Distinct knowledge and practical experience with procedural and object-oriented programming, and the development of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of high-level programming / scripting languages
- Practical knowledge of relational databases and SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- Good knowledge of English language
- Good knowledge of either German or Italian language
- Knowledge of Linux environment and shell scripting
- Practical knowledge of version control systems (Git, CVS, etc.)
- Familiarity with public key cryptography and European / Italian privacy law.
The ideal candidate should also demonstrate:
- Ability to work independently, responsibly and with attention to detail
- Flexibility and capacity to work in a team
- Problem-solving skills with an investigative mentality, decision making ability and a capacity for strategic and associative thinking
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- A vibrant and collaborative work environment in an international and interdisciplinary team of software developers, engineers and computer scientists, bioinformaticians and biostatisticians, data curators and data analysts and genetic epidemiologists
- A well-equipped workstation with state-of-the-art hardware and Linux or Windows operating system of your choice
- A qualification-dependent competitive salary and benefits
- Pleasant working atmosphere with short decision-making processes
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life
- An employer that is consistently rated among the best work places in Italy
- Flexible working hours, partly remote possible
- A full-time position for two years with the possibility to renew
How to apply:
The position is open rank, with both junior and senior level candidates encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 04.06.2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating "IT Engineer - <first name> <surname>" as subject.
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Clemens Egger: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +39 0471 055 524
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".