The Institute for Renewable Energy performs applied research on sustainable energy transition for cities and regions. In particular, the Urban and Regional Energy Systems group develops holistic environmental impact assessment approaches to support decision-making and climate change mitigation.
We are looking for a highly motivated researcher in the field of environmental impact assessment, with good knowledge of Life-Cycle Assessment (LCA), to work on current and future applied research projects. The position will start on July 2021 (flexible) with a 1-year contract, with possibility to extend.
Candidates with a PhD will also be considered, in case, for a Post-doc position.
- Research in the field of environmental impact assessment in projects on urban and regional development, smart cities, electric mobility and circular economy, among others;
- Application of range of tools and approaches, such as life-cycle assessment, urban metabolism and material flow accounting;
- The candidate will be involved in applied research in ongoing and future national and international projects;
- Work in an international environment in partnership with public authorities, companies, universities and civil society;
- Contribute to project proposals;
- Perform quantitative analyses;
- Support the development, writing and publication of reports and scientific articles;
- Contribute to communication, information and dissemination tasks within the projects.
- Participate to international meetings, conferences and workshops.
- MSc in environmental engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, or similar
- Experience in life-cycle assessment (LCA);
- (Optional) Experience in other industrial ecology-related tools and approaches (UM, MFA, EEIO);
- Scientific publications in international journals;
- Collaboration in relevant research projects;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, e.g. drafting reports and delivering presentations to audiences at a variety of levels;
- Skills on interpersonal relationships and teamwork;
- Motivation to learn and capacity to work with autonomy;
- A very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking);
- (Optional) Knowledge of Italian and/or German is an advantage;
- Readiness for travel;
- The position is initially limited to a period of 1 year with possibility of extension;
- Interesting activity in cooperation with local and international research and industry partners;
- Opportunity to work in a motivated international team in a growing sector;
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know-how acquisition with career opportunity as applied researcher;
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
- The position will be located in Bolzano, Italy. Smart working is foreseen for a period, according to the Covid-19 pandemic developments.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, motivation letter and further relevant documents) by 24.05.2021 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055699
For further information please contact Joana Bastos: email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +39 0471 055 745
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".