Eurac Research is an interdisciplinary research center located in Bolzano, Italy. At the Institute for Alpine Environment we conduct problem-oriented research at the interface of ecology and society in mountain areas. The person we are looking for will support our team in the field of Ecosystem Services and Green Infrastructure within the Interreg Alpine Space Project "Linking Urban and Inner-alpine Green Infrastructure" (LUIGI).
The LUIGI project aims to recognize and valorize the joint benefits deriving from Green Infrastructure networks between mountain/rural and urban areas as well as their potential for sustainable economic development. We are looking for an early career researcher who will contribute to analyzing and mapping different Ecosystem Services (ES), and assessing ecosystem-based multifunctionality in the projects' pilot regions. This includes developing ES indicators, reviewing literature and data collection.
- Environmental data collection and harmonization
- ES indicator development and mapping
- Ecosystem-based multifunctionality assessment
- Synthetizing results into project reports and publications
- Master's degree in environmental management, geography, or a related subject
- Excellent organizational, communication and social skills
- Ability to work autonomously, in a team and with project partners.
- Proven experience (thesis or publication) in mapping ES using Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Proven experiences (traineeships, work) in collaborating within EU-projects.
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and English (written and spoken).
- Ability to work independently with MS office, GIS software and R.
- A part-time position for 12 months that is to be filled as soon as possible
- An interesting scope of tasks in cooperation with international partners and stakeholders
- The opportunity to work in a young and motivated team
- Attractive living and working conditions
- Flexible working hours
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 06.06.2021 to the following e-mail address:
Institute for Alpine Environment
Email: Laura Unterhofer – email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 941 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 399
Interviews are planned for the 8th and 9th of June 2021.
For further information please contact Lukas Egarter Vigl – firstname.lastname@example.org : Tel: +39 0471 055 303
The project LUIGI (Linking Urban and Inner-alpine Green Infrastructure) is financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Interreg Alpine Space Program, and by national public contributions.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize EURAC to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".