Eurac Research invites applications for a full-time postdoctoral research position to start in Summer 2021.
Applications in the area of building performance assessment, energy flexibility, co-benefits and human-building interaction are considered. The researcher will be part of Energy Efficient Building (EEB) research group in the Institute for Renewable Energy.
The main tasks will include the development of flexible, cost-effective, people centered solutions for buildings, data analysis and evaluation of energy and non-energy benefits, by building energy performance simulation tools. Activities will be carried out within research projects, in cooperation with academic and industrial partners.
- to design, run and calibrate building energy performance models, to post-process and analyze simulation results
- to develop energy flexible, cost-effective, people centered solutions for buildings
- to assess energy and non-energy related benefits associated with building energy solutions
- to develop an evaluation framework of building flexibility and smartness, and related real estate value
- to collaborate with project partners
- to collaborate with industry in product development and design
- to support the acquisition and management of research projects
- to supervise Master (and PhD co-supervision) students and internships
- to write scientific publications and project reports (deliverables, etc.)
- to engage with wider dissemination of the results
- PhD with a focus on building energy performance simulation and evaluation of techno-economic and wellbeing co-benefits, or equivalent experience (also gained in industrial sector)
- Previous experience with human-building interaction (e.g., simulation, feedback mechanisms, predictive control) is a significant advantage.
- Previous experience with Python (or similar such as R, Java or C++) is highly desirable
- Basic experience with proposal writing and student supervision is desirable, but not essential
- Good knowledge of English, written and spoken; Italian or German are desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience with peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Proactive attitude, and attitude to mutual positive interaction in a multi-disciplinary research team
- The position is initially available with a fixed-term contract with the possibility to make it permanent
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher.
- The chance to work with local and international research centres, universities, and industry partners
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast-growing sector
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 27.06.2021 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com- www.eurac.edu
In their cover letter, candidates will describe:
- how they meet the application requirements,
- motivation to join Eurac Research and perform the above mentioned tasks
For further information please contact Roberto Lollini: email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +39 0471 055 650
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".