Internship in the field of Building Life-Cycle performances of a nZEB residential renovation
The proposed master thesis will focus on the Life Cycle Cost (LCC), Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of two nearly Zero Energy Building renovation scenarios, a traditional and an industrialized one. The analysis will be carried out within a H2020 project and will have the scope to contribute to the definition of business models. The work will focus on developing renovation scenario collecting economic and environmental related data directly from the building owner, the design team, and the project partners. Within the work, the intern will be asked to work: (i) on the preliminary design of the selected building renovation using both traditional and a set of innovative industrialised envelopes’ technologies, (ii) on the definition of an effective LCC-LCA schemes, and (iii) on a comprehensive scenarios comparison be presented to the building owner. The main scope of the work is to: * evaluate the effectiveness of the industrialised approach, achieving the nZEB standard, analysing the overall costs including the construction and O&M costs for the entire lifetime of the renovation (25-30 years) * compare the costs typologies with a traditional renovation including the O&M * illustrate the potentialities of the industrialized nZEB renovation approach to the building owner, both from the technical and economic point of view
The intern will interact with the Eurac team besides other national and international partners within the H2020 INFINITE project.
The candidate will work on: * Technical definition and preliminary design of a nZEB renovation using innovative prefabricated façade elements under development and using a traditional approach * Define a LCC-LCA scheme for the renovation on the selected building * Define a business model comparing the industrialized approach with the traditional renovation
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or environmental sciences
- Base knowledge on building construction technologies
- Base knowledge on LCA and LCC simulations and modelling
- Fluent in English (especially in technical English applied to the construction sector).
- Willingness to actively engage in collaborative research with external stakeholders.
- Availability to start in Septembre 2021 (in case in smart working mode, to be verified against the Covid-19 emergency directives in force)
- The opportunity to work on a master thesis dealing with an innovative topic
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast-growing sector
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher
- An internship for Master thesis position for a period of six (6) months
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 05.09.2021 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +39 0471 055 654
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.