Internship in the field of development of a low-cost luminance acquisition device for glare detection
The proposed master thesis will focus on the development of a low-cost HDR acquisition system, based on Raspberry-pi, to measure luminance and detect glare situations from façades. The developed system will be tested on different façade technologies including integrated blinds, Liquid crystal glazing, internal high reflective roller shade, external blinds system. The low-cost acquisition system will be also compared with a standard DSLR Camera-based acquisition system. Within the work, the intern will be asked to: (i) handle the hardware assembling of the system and develop the software for the autonomous acquisition (ii) test the system functionality also in comparison with the DSLR Camera-based system (iii) plan and support the test in the Façade System Interaction Lab of the HDR acquisition system on the different façade technologies.
The main scope of the work is to: * Develop a low-cost effective HDR acquisition system to be used as in-situ device to detect glare. * Test the potentiality of the HDR acquisition system on innovative façade system technologies.
The intern will interact with the Eurac team besides other national and international partners.
The candidate will work on:
* Hardware assembly on Raspberry-pi
* Development of the software for the autonomous acquisition and processing of HDR images
* Calibration of the HDR acquisition system.
* Comparison of the low-cost HDR acquisition system with DSLR Camera
* Extensive test on different façade technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Knowledge on building physics, lighting engineering
- Base knowledge of Linux environment and coding (Python is preferred)
- Knowledge of Raspberry-pi system is a plus.
- Fluent in English
- Availability to start in September/October 2021
- The opportunity to work on a master thesis dealing with an innovative topic
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast-growing sector
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher
- An internship for Master thesis position for a period of six (6) months
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 05.09.2021 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +39 0471 055 654
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.