PhD positions at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano in collaboration with Eurac Research
The Database Systems Research Group (https://dbs.inf.unibz.it) of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (https://www.unibz.it/) offers fully-funded PhD positions in the fields of data management for biomedicine and data-driven predictive maintenance. The specific topics are:
- CHRISpredict: privacy preserving AI platform for personalized risk prediction (in conjunction with Eurac Research, reference number A6)
- CHRIS2People: a framework to increase population health based on the analysis of large data collections (in conjunction with Eurac Research, reference number F1) The language of instruction is English, but the University implements a trilingual model providing prospective students with the ideal environment to learn German and Italian.
The scholarship includes
- 3-year personal grant (approx. € 17,000 gross per year)
- 50% pay increase to support international mobility for a period variable between 6 months and one year according to the type of projects
- Personal budget for research and travel expenses (Euro 2,500)
- State of the art technical equipment Further financial possibilities are available in the form of teaching contracts and research consultancies during the years of study, for top students.
The call for applications and the project list can be found at https://www.unibz.it/en/faculties/computer-science/phd-computer-science/
The deadline for applications is July 1, 2022.