Senior researcher - Scientific collaborator in the field of sustainable energy economics
The Institute for Renewable Energy performs applied research in the field of sustainable energy transition for cities and regions. In particular the holistic approach to the mitigation and adaptation to climate change is one of the focuses of the research group in Urban end Regional Energy Systems.
We are looking for a highly motivated researcher in the field of Energy Economics to work on current and future applied research projects.
- Research in the field of the exploitation, conversion and use of energy, markets for energy commodities, regulation and taxation, forecasting, environment and climate, international trade, development and monetary policy.
- Application of range of methods, including but not limited to experiments, surveys, econometrics, decomposition, modeling (e.g simulation, equilibrium, optimization and analytical models).
- Special focus on sustainable energy transition of urban and regional systems (renewable energy production, energy efficiency and saving).
- The candidate will be involved in applied research international projects and consultancy services.
- Work in an international environment in partnership with public authorities, companies, universities and civil society.
- Elaborate project proposals and lead projects in relevant sectors.
- Perform quantitative analysis.
- Support the drafting and publication of reports.
- Contribute to and write scientific articles.
- Contribute to communication, information and dissemination tasks within the projects.
- Participate to international meetings, conferences and workshops.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with:
- PhD in Economics or similar Specialization in Energy is an advantage
- (Optional) experience in the field of Behavioral Economics and Nudge Theory.
- Scientific publications in international journals Management or collaboration in international research projects.
- Skills in data elaboration (software)
- Skills to interpersonal relationships and teamwork
- A very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Knowledge of Italian and/or German is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, e.g. minute taking, drafting reports and delivering
- presentations to audiences at a variety of levels. Readiness for travel.
Three to five years' experience of working on innovative topics, including energy;
- The position is initially limited to a period of 3 years with possibility of extension;
- Interesting activity in cooperation with local and international research and industry partners;
- Opportunity to work in a motivated international team in a growing sector;
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know-how acquisition with career opportunity as applied researcher;
A surrounding offering a high quality of life;
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 04.07.2021 to the following address:
Eurac Research Institute for Renewable Energy Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu Tel: +39 0471 055 055 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 099
For further information please contact Daniele Vettorato: Tel: +39 0471 055 461
The position is opened also in the framework of the EC: GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER 869505 — VARCITIES; GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER — 774094 — STARDUST.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".