Mobility is essential for the economic and social development of the European countries. At the same time, it negatively impacts societies through the creation of local and global air pollution, noise, congestion and accidents. The macro-theme "SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY" deals with alpine and transalpine transport. By analyzing the economic, environmental and social strengths and weaknesses of these transport mechanisms, concrete and ad hoc solutions can be invented to grant more accessibility and additionally minimize the negative impacts of mobility.
By participating in projects and working groups that span from local areas to across Europe, a multi-faceted insight of the issues can be obtained, required to address the issues completely. The firm's collaboration with alpine and European research centers, universities, policy makers and transport stakeholders allow for a multidisciplinary approach, which is fundamental during dealing with such a complex issue.
- To increase the accessibility of alpine areas through adequate transport solutions
- To reduce the negative social and environmental impacts generated by transport
- To address common issues by proposing integrated, multi-faceted technical solutions
- Analysis of multi-level policies, measures and projects that foster freight and passenger sustainable mobility
- Assessment of innovative technological solutions to improve the quality of transport
- Monitoring of indicators related to mobility, environment and economy at the transalpine level
- Quantification and economic valuation of transport externalities
- Development of projects that encourage the modal shift towards rail