EU FESR New-Air - New approach for energy efficient IEQ (Indoor Environmental Quality): research institutions and industry cooperate in South Tyrol.
- Project duration: December 2018 - December 2021
- Project status: finished
- Funding: FESR (EU funding / Project)
- Total project budget: €634,050.00
A study published in 2001 by researchers from Lawrence Berkeley National Lab showed that people spend an average of 87% of their time inside buildings, and about 69% at home. These numbers show high importance of talking about the quality of indoor environments in modern society. Hence, it is essential to "raise the bar" of well-being inside buildings, pushing towards innovative ventilation methods based on air quality measurements, and on new control logics that preserve energy savings while improving the quality of indoor environments.
The general aim of NEW-AIR project is to systemize companies and research institutions operating in the field of quality and control of the built environment in order to define new approaches and technologies that improve the healthiness of indoor environments and thermal comfort by reducing energy consumption.
The project objectives are:
- To better understand the building-user interaction, and improve it
- To improve indoor air quality starting from the removal of indoor pollutants
- To study new control and design strategies for the aeraulic system
- To promote natural ventilation and mixed mode in residential buildings
- To ensure the highest levels of indoor air quality while reducing energy consumption
- To define a home IEQ monitoring and control system
The themes proposed by this project respond to the need (highlighted by the Free University of Bolzano) for giving more space to areas of research and innovation in which it is needed to build the necessary critical mass. In particular, the proposed themes fall within the sector of provincial specialization called "Energy and Environment", and the project aims to deliver the following results:
- New IEQ (Indoor Environmental Quality) monitoring system
- Categorization of the major indoor pollution sources, and dissemination at the provincial level
- Development of a system for controlled natural ventilation
- New machine and new strategies for residential mechanical ventilation (VMC)
- Control system capable of coordinating different systems and guiding the user: the residential "building management system" (BMS)
Belleri A, Avella F, Babich F (2021)
Conference proceedings article
Conference: Roomvent 2020 | Online | 15.2.2020 - 17.2.2021
More information: http://roomvent2020.org/
Babich F, Belleri A, Gupta A (2021)
Conference proceedings article
Conference: BS 2021 | Bruges | 1.9.2021 - 3.9.2021
Demanega I, Babich F (2020)
Casa & Clima
EU H2020 4RinEU - Robust and Reliable technology concepts and business models for triggering deep ...Duration: September 2016 - May 2022Funding: Competitive Industries (Horizon ...
EU H2020 REWARDHeat - Renewable and Waste Heat Recovery for Competitive District Heating and Cooling ...Duration: September 2019 - May 2022Funding: Societal Challenge (Horizon 2020 ...
PV IMPACT - Actual execution of the Implementation Plan for Photovoltaics and monitoring the ...Duration: March 2019 - May 2022Funding: Societal Challenge (Horizon 2020 ...
EU FP7 SINFONIA - Smart INitiative of cities Fully cOmmitted to iNvest In Advanced large-scaled ...Duration: May 2014 - May 2022Funding: Cooperation (FP7 /EU funding ...
EU H2020 INFINITE - INDUSTRIALISED DURABLE BUILDING ENVELOPE RETROFITTING BY ALL-IN-ONE ...Duration: October 2020 - May 2022Funding: Competitive Industries (Horizon ...
EU LIFE - LIFE4HeatRecovery - Low Temperature, Urban Waste Heat into District Heating and Cooling ...Duration: June 2018 - May 2022Funding: 2014 - 2020 (Life+ /EU funding ...
EU H2020 EnergyMatching - Adaptable and adaptive RES envelope solutions to maximise energy ...Duration: October 2017 - May 2022Funding: Competitive Industries (Horizon ...
EU H2020 VARICITIES - VISIONARY NATURE BASED ACTIONS FOR HEATH, WELLBEING & RESILIENCE IN CITIESDuration: August 2020 - May 2022Funding: Societal Challenge (Horizon 2020 ...
EU H2020 CULTURAL-E - Climate and cultural based design and market valuable technology solutions for ...Duration: September 2019 - May 2022Funding: Competitive Industries (Horizon ...
EU H2020 TRUST-PV: Increase Friendly Integration of Reliable PV plants considering different market ...Duration: August 2020 - May 2022Funding: Competitive Industries (Horizon ...