Stiftung Südtiroler Sparkasse Global Fellowship
Each year, up to three Stiftung Südtiroler Sparkasse Global Fellowships are awarded. The Fellows are offered the opportunity to work closely with the interdisciplinary team at the Center for Advanced Studies on topics of both global and „glocal“ relevance, linking personal experiences and research and chosen geopolitical areas with the Center’s expertise.
The focus of the Fellowship covers the topics of re-globalization and glocalization. The Global Fellowships are remunerated and compatible with other non-related working duties, university studies or other research topics. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Global Fellowship 2021 will be conducted online only. Applications are limited to citizens from EU countries, preferably from Central-Eastern and Eastern Europe.
The Global Fellowships are funded by the
Stiftung Südtiroler Sparkasse / Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Bolzano.
Global Fellows 2021
We are pleased to introduce the Stiftung Südtiroler Sparkasse Global Fellows 2021!
Maarten Jan Wensink
Maarten Jan Wensink holds a PhD in Medicine and a PhD in Philosophy from Leiden University in the Netherlands. He worked as a PhD student and eventually Post Doc researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research in Rostock, Germany before taking up a position as Assistant Professor at the Max Planck Odense Center at the University of Southern Denmark. Since February 2021, Maarten is Associate Professor at the University of Southern Denmark at the Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Biodemography. His current projects include the statistical and epidemiological analysis of paternal medication use in the months preceding conception and potential effects on offspring, as well as theoretical work on population dynamics and aging. He teaches courses on biostatistics and epidemiology.
Bartosz Stefan Michalski
Bartosz Stefan Michalski holds a PhD habil. in Economics with a specialization in International Economics from the University of Economics, Wrocław, Faculty of National Economy. Since July 2019, he is Associate Professor at the Institute of International Studies at the University of Wrocław. His core responsibilities include academic teaching & research, PhD co-supervision, peer reviewing, academic advising and student engagement. His research interests focus in particular on trade regionalism in the contemporary global economy, competitiveness of economies, international trade, structural transformation as well as technological change.
- University degree in political science, social science, economics, natural science, computer science or with a focus on new technologies and digitalization
- Knowledge about globalization and future issues
- Skills in dealing with interdisciplinarity
- Motivation to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Organizational skills and ability to work autonomously
- Very good knowledge of English (good German and/or Italian desirable)
- a full CV, including publications, qualifications, work experience etc.,
- a project proposal of 1-2 pages linking the applicant's chosen country and area of expertise to the activities of the Center for Advanced Studies. The project may be a publication, editorial activity, organization of a conference or webinar (series)/lecture series, or the development of a transnational application for a 1-2 year research project,
- a letter of motivation which describes the background and interests of the applicant, with particular regard to the compatibility and contribution to the work of the Center for Advanced Studies.
- the participation in team activities, meetings and projects at the Center for Advanced Studies,
- giving a seminar on the Fellow's home country, or if suitable on the respective geopolitical area and its relation to globalization,
- giving one public lecture (if applicable),
- contributing to a jointly edited book with the editors at the Center (editorial work, or submission of a chapter depending on individual agreement),
- the joint preparation of articles for journals or newspapers – up to 3 articles (depending on individual agreement),
- availability for press interviews and other relevant media work when applicable.
The application should comprise:
Global Fellow activities comprise:
We inform you that we will not be allowed to consider any application without this compliancy declaration.
We inform you that by sending the data to firstname.lastname@example.org the Stiftung Südtiroler Sparkasse will process your personal data as autonomous data controller.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.
The extended application deadline for this year is March 29th, 2021.
The envisaged duration of the Fellowship is from June 1st to December 31st, 2021.
Please send your application in word format or as a pdf using the headline „Stiftung Südtiroler Sparkasse Global Fellowship” via email to:
For further information please contact
Ieva Kudure or Marlies Blaas: Tel: +39 0471 055 800