Burundi - IOM
Multi-Hazard Assessment and Risk Mapping in Burundi
- Project duration: -
- Project status: finished
- Funding: Public institutions (Other projects /Project)
- Website: https://maps.eurac.edu/layers/?limit=80&offset=0&group__group_profile__slug__in=burundi
- Institutes: Center for Climate Change and Transformation, Institute for Earth Observation, Center for Global Mountain Safeguard Research
The project is financed by the International Organization of Migration (IOM) and aims at providing a multi-hazard risk assessment of the country of Burundi at national and provincial scale, also considering the effect of climate change. Main hazards considered include:
- torrential rains,
- pluvial and fluvial floods and
The project will be carried out by an international consortium led by a Spanish company (IDOM).
EURAC will be responsible for
- harmonization of geospatial exposure data (support to coordinator)
- landslides hazard and risk assessment,
- social vulnerability assessment and multi-hazard risk analysis
The strategic objective is to consolidate expertise and methodologies for:
- large scale landslide risk
- multi-hazard risk assessment
- social vulnerability analysis
contact person: Massimiliano Pittore firstname.lastname@example.org
The activities of the Burundi project have resulted in a new multi-hazard risk analysis being carried out at national and local scale. To bridge the gap in data availability, local authoritative sources have been integrated by international and global resources. A uptodate exposure model has been implemented, and complemented by an innovative socio-economical analysis. Furthermore, a data-driven statistical susceptibility model for shallow landslides has been derived at national scale.
Project funded by
Fontanella Pisa P, Pittore M, Wong I, Rai S (2021)
Conference: REMTECH | Ferrara | 20.9.2021 - 21.9.2021
RETURN - multi-Risk sciEnce for resilienT commUnities undeR a changiNg climateDuration: - Funding: Other National funding (National ...
Climate Change Adaptation Strategy South TyrolDuration: - Funding: Other Province BZ funding (Province ...
European Climate Risk AssessmentDuration: - Funding: Public institutions (Other projects ...