Burundi - IOM
Multi-Hazard Assessment and Risk Mapping in Burundi
- Project duration: September 2020 - September 2021
- Project status: Ongoing
- Funding: Public institutions (Other projects /Project)
The project is financed by the International Organization of Migration (IOM) and aims at providing a multi-hazard risk assessment of the country of Burundi at national and provincial scale, also considering the effect of climate change. Main hazards considered include:
- - earthquakes,
- - torrential rains,
- - pluvial and fluvial floods and
- - landslides.
The project will be carried out by an international consortium led by a Spanish company (IDOM).
EURAC will be responsible for
- - harmonization of geospatial exposure data (support to coordinator)
- - landslides hazard and risk assessment,
- - social vulnerability assessment and multi-hazard risk analysis.
The strategic objective is to consolidate expertise and methodologies for:
- - large scale landslide risk
- - multi-hazard risk assessment
- - social vulnerability analysis.
Contact person: Massimiliano Pittore