Institut für Angewandte Sprachforschung
My research interests include:
- plurilingual and intercultural education
- translanguaging in plurilingual education
- English as a lingua franca (ELF) communication
- English-Medium Instruction and the internationalisation of education
- virtual exchanges for the development of language skills and intercultural competence
- applied corpus linguistics (learner corpora)
I conduct research in the field of bi/plurilingual education. I am currently responsible for a research and training initiative on plurilingual education at Eurac Research (Bolzano, Italy), in which the focus is on the valorisation of primary school children's full linguistic repertoires.
I previously worked as post-doc assistant researcher at the University of Padova where, in addition to my teaching duties, I conducted research into bi/plurilingual education, one of the internationalisation strategies of the University. After researching lecturers' experiences with teaching through a vehicular language different from their own, I devoted my last years to exploring students' perceptions of and experiences with learning subject content in English-Medium Instruction settings.
In addition to conducting research, I have also been the coordinator of the University Language Centre’s English-Medium Instruction (EMI) support programme and head of the International Relations and Erasmus+ Office at Scuola Superiore per Mediatori Linguistici (Padova).
For a selection of my publications please visit:
7b/2022: Moldawien: Unterstützung für ein besseres Funktionieren der Autonomie in GagausienDuration: July 2019 - December 2022Funding: