Job position: Biomedical laboratory technician (Bolzano / Merano)
Are you interested in working in our Biobank? We are looking for a Biomedical laboratory technician.
The Institute for Biomedicine of Eurac Research is a young biomedical research institution integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. It is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and research support staff. Living and working in Bolzano/Bozen allows you to experience the combination of alpine and mediterranean culture and puts you at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
The technician will be an active part of the team that is taking care of all the processes relative to the biobanks and the sample collections of the Institute for Biomedicine. The position will be allocated at the two sites at the hospitals of Merano/Meran and Bolzano/Bozen, where the biobanks and relative laboratories are established.
- Acceptance, registration, processing, aliquoting and freezing of biological samples
- Storage, handling, retrieval and shipping of cryopreserved biological samples
- Data input and mining with an integrated LIMS system and dedicated databases
- Quality controls of samples and data
- Laboratory care and procedures development
- Preparation of samples, buffers and solutions for chemical and biological analyses
Use of robotic systems (liquid handler, nucleic acid extraction systems, etc.)
- University degree as a biomedical laboratory technician or equivalent
- Registration in the Italian professional register of biomedical laboratory technician is mandatory (ALBO DEI TECNICI SANITARI DI LABORATORIO BIOMEDICO) – please note that candidates who do not meet the requirements for registration cannot be considered for this position
- Good laboratory practice (e.g. pipetting, solution preparation, work in sterile environment.
- Experience in preparation and manipulation of biological samples is an advantage)
- Knowledge of Italian and English languages (knowledge of German is an advantage)
- Ability to work independently, responsibly and with attention to detail
- Flexibility and capacity to work in a team
Aptitude in the use of IT tools (Microsoft Office package, Office 365, use of databases and managing and control of laboratory instruments, and liquid handler program experiences are an advantage)
- Lively and collaborative working environment in an interdisciplinary team
- Training and professional development courses
- An employer that is consistently rated among the best workplaces in Italy (Great Place to Work Italy)
- Salary proportional to experience
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 19 October 2023 HERE
Other News & Events
Smoking and salivary microbiota: the effects of cigarette use
We published on Scientific Reports a study showing that cigarette smoking has a consistent and generalizable association on the composition of the oral microbiota.
Trainee Post-lauream in Biology/Biotechnology
Are you a recent graduate with a passion for biology and biotechnology? Our Trainee Post-Lauream in Biology/ Biotechnology for advanced co-culture models of iPSC-derived neurons, cardiomyocytes and ...
La diffusione dell'Informazione dalla Ricerca alla pratica medica, alle persone
Due eventi locali organizzati in occasione della giornata mondiale dell’ipertensione.
Ricerca sanitaria: sinergie tra Provincia, Asdaa ed Eurac Research
Azienda Sanitaria, Eurac Research e Amministrazione provinciale promuovono la ricerca sanitaria in Alto Adige.