Head of Institute
Istituto per l’osservazione della Terra
- Impact of climate change in mountains (Alps, mountains worldwide)
- systemic climate risk assessment
- integration of quantitative data and methods (climate data, Earth Observation, modelling) with qualitative and participative approaches
- how to get from understanding climate change impacts to climate change adaptation
- climate change risks and climate change adaptation in developing countries
- Integrating Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) paradigms
Marc Zebisch holds a PhD from the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and the TU-Berlin and has been researching with climate impact research and climate risk assessment for more than 15 years. At Eurac Research, he focuses on the impacts of climate change in South Tyrol and climate risks in other regions and mountain areas. He is the lead author of the Eurac Research Climate Report. Since 2005, he has been a key contributor to climate risk assessments for the Federal Republic of Germany, and is a member of the Climate Change and Adaptation Topic Center of the European Environment Agency (EEA-ETC_CCA), the Steering Committee of the Austrian Climate Research Program (ACRP), and the Climate Council of the Alpine Convention (ACB).
MAGAZINE Science Stories that Inspire
"Dove vogliamo andare?"
Incontri tra discipline: intervista al direttore di Eurac Research Stephan Ortner e al geoecologo Marc Zebisch.
La fine della prevedibilità
La previsione dei pericoli legati al clima è diventata più complessa che mai a causa dei cambiamenti climatici. Un team di ricerca di Eurac Research ha redatto per conto delle ...
Scenari per l’Alto Adige verso la neutralità climatica
Eurac Research ha elaborato uno studio tecnico completo per conto della Provincia