Institut für Biomedizin - Projects - SciBIoEU ELSI
SCIence outreach: The example of BIObanks in EUrope
- Project duration: -
- Project status: ongoing
- Funding: KA2 (Erasmus+ /EU funding /Project)
- Website: https://scibioeu.eu/
The SCIBIOEU project is the acronym of the project “SCIence outreach: The example of BIObanks in EUrope” which is an Erasmus+ KA2 project in Cooperation partnerships in Higher Education Coordinated by the Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens. The SCIBIOEU project aims to develop a new innovative course focusing on the Science Outreach of biobanking, adapted to the need of young scientists and students of Health and Biological Departments of Higher Education Institutions (HEI). It will also develop an innovative Serious Game as an attractive and effective tool for the awareness of the general public in biobanking issues and a digital Guideline Handbook called “Best Practice Guidelines for Science Outreach”.
Through these results, this project will try to achieve the following goals:
- identify communication gaps between the general public/patients and science; support citizens to better understand the aims of science and its usefulness in their lives
- support students and young scientists to be well-equipped in using effective science outreach strategies and enrich their communication skills
- develop an e-learning platform including the course that can be easily integrated into HEIs’ platform
- support teaching methods of HEIs and other institutions by offering a new course
This project is co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union under grant agreement No. 2022-1-EL01-KA220-HED-000088145
Epigenetik der Immunität bei KrebserkrankungenDuration: - Funding: Italy-Austria 2014-2020 (EUTC / EU ...
SCIence outreach: The example of BIObanks in EUropeDuration: - Funding: KA2 (Erasmus+ /EU funding /Project)
CHRIS-2D: Dynamische Dateninfrastruktur zur Förderung biomedizinischer Forschung und Innovation in ...Duration: - Funding: FESR (EU funding / Project)
Innovative Therapien zur Behandlung kardiovaskulärer Erkrankungen.Duration: - Funding: Italy-Austria 2014-2020 (EUTC / EU ...