Challenges and opportunities for the Province of Bolzano
- Date: 12.12.2023, 9.00 - 12.30
- Place: Eurac Research – Conference Hall, Drususallee 1/Viale Druso 1 39100 - Bolzano/Bozen – Italy
- Typology: Workshop
Solar green roofs are innovative solutions for the sustainable development of urbanised areas as they combine rainwater management, thermal mitigation and renaturalisation with renewable energy without further land consumption. Their growing popularity as an integrated solution of biophilic design, energy efficiency and landscape architecture play a balancing role in urban planning between respecting landscape constraints and protecting the soil. Moreover, they provide multiple socio-economic and environmental benefits for owners and users of the buildings in which they are located”.
To promote a multidisciplinary debate on solar green roofs, the Municipality of Bolzano and the Municipality of Merano in collaboration with Eurac Research organize the workshop "Solar Green Roofs: Challenges and Opportunities for the Province of Bolzano” organised within the European project JUSTNature. During the workshop, experts from the sector and local administrators will present technical and strategic aspects related to these solutions, showing success stories and connecting professionals with different backgrounds to define a shared vision on the future of solar green roofs in South Tyrol.
Welcome and introduction
- Sonja Gantioler, JUSTNature project coordinator, Eurac Research
- Anni Schwarz, Office of green and environmental management, Municipality of Merano
- Federico Michael Fleischmann, Office of Geology, Civil Protection and Energy, Municipality of Bolzano
The new PV regulation in South Tyrol to support the achievement of the Clima Plan - IT
Peter Kasal, Office of Landscape Planning, Autonomous Province of Bolzano /Südtirol
18 years of trials with extensive green roofs and what does the future hold - DE
Helga Salchegger, Floriculture and Landscape Sector, Laimburg Research Centre
Experiences from Austria for the multiple use of roof surfaces - solar green roofs - DE
Susanne Formanek, Technology, Funding, and Research, GrünstattGrau
Roundtable: barrier and opportunities for the development of solar green roof in South Tyrol
- Peter Kasal, Office of Landscape Planning, Autonomous Province of Bolzano/Sudtirol
- Susanne Formanek, Technology, Funding and Research, GrünstattGrau
- David Moser, Institute for Renewable Energy, Eurac Research
- Stefania Pace, Department for Energy Efficiency, ENEA
- Peter Rier, LAS Landscape Architecture South Tyrol
- Helga Salchegger, Floriculture and Landscape Sector, Laimburg Research Centre
- Luigi Scolari,Office of Architectural and Artistic Assets, Autonomous Province of Bolzano/Südtirol
Moderator: Sonja Gantioler
Five working tables for an active debate on the barriers, opportunities, and technical, political, legal, environmental, and social measures related to the development of solar green roofs.
Moderator: Chiara Pellegrini
Group discussion and conclusions
End of the workshop
The event will be conducted in German and Italian. Simultaneous translation is not provided.
The project JUSTNature has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under Grant Agreement No. 101003757
The project INFINITE has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 958397
Other News & Events
Scenari di transizione del sistema energetico della Regione Piemonte
La Regione Piemonte commissiona ad Eurac Research uno studio del sistema energetico piemontese.
What are the environmental impacts of the electricity we use?
New scientific article presents a detailed assessment of the environmental impacts of electricity generation and supply in Italy.
Residential Space Heating and Cooling Technologies in Europe
New published scientific paper reviewes data about the environmental impact and the primary energy consumption of 27 space heating and cooling technologies for the residential sector in 11 different ...
The weight of process cooling in the EU market
New scientific paper investigates the final energy consumption for process cooling of the EU in the year 2016