Snow defines the winter landscape, provides vital water resources for ecosystems and agriculture and creates jobs. But climate change is threatening snow. How has snow changed in South Tyrol and the rest of the Alps? What is expected in the future and what will the consequences be?
- What is snow?
- When does it snow?
- How is snow cover measured?
- Have snow depths changed in South Tyrol?
- What’s the situation in the rest of the Alps?
- How’s climate change going to affect snow?
- How do extreme snow events fit into this picture?
- How important is natural snow for winter tourism and the ski industry?
- What are the consequences of climate change for ski areas?
- What are the implications of the changes in snowfall and snow cover for the water cycle?
- What is the role of snow and climatic changes for glaciers?
- What can be done to mitigate these changes?
- Less snow, changes in the hydrological cycle: Adaptation measures
Sondaggio: i politici dovrebbero anteporre la protezione del clima agli interessi economici
I risultati di un sondaggio in Alto Adige mostrano il desiderio di maggiore tutela del clima e giustizia sociale
What is an extreme event?
Since 1981, a research project has analysed the extreme events that have affected certain Alpine regions. The results of which have enabled new models to manage them better.
Cambiamenti climatici in Alto Adige: online una nuova piattaforma con dati e grafici
Il “Monitoraggio dei cambiamenti climatici in Alto Adige” utilizza indicatori selezionati per rendere visibili i cambiamenti del clima e i loro effetti
Earth's swan song
What are thermokarst lakes and why soil warming should worry us even more than air warming