Energy retrofit of historic buildings
This research group focuses on energy performance of historic buildings and districts, offers solutions of energy retrofit compatible with conservation, analyses the hygrothermal performance of buildings and building details.
There are no standard solutions in energy refurbishment for historic buildings. Every operation requires a tailored analysis and refurbishment plan based on the characteristics of the building, regulations established by the person responsible for historic and artistic heritage and the landlord’s intentions. This research group of the Institute for Renewable Energy focuses on energy performance of historic buildings and districts, offers solutions of energy retrofit compatible with conservation, analyses the hygrothermal performance of buildings and building details, and the conservation aspects in building retrofit and energy planning.
- Study of energy retrofit solutions
- Energy performance of buildings and historic centres
- Analysis of energy performance and thermo-hygrometer compatibility
- Supporting retrofit and energy refurbishment projects
- Coordination of integrated development processes (IDP) which involve the client, designer, suppliers and refurbishment experts
- Supporting the development of energetic plans for historic centres
SCIENTIFIC CONSULTANCY BOTH FOR PRIVATE ENTERPRISES AND PUBLIC AUTHORITIES ARE PROVIDED IN TERMS OF:
- Meet the demands of both landlords and the person responsible for historic and artistic heritage
- Support public administrations and national or regional departments in defining guidelines and developing urban planning tools
- Help architects plan their on-site operations
- Help manufacturers develop products and systems to be used for energy refurbishment: from development to installation, guiding them during the test trials and performance testing
- Energy assessment and environmental monitoring
- Thermo-hygrometer and thermodynamic energy simulations (summer simulations also available)
- GIS model simulations
- Development of building envelopes, from windows and shutters, insulation and integrated photovoltaic systems
- Use of active and passive systems such as natural ventilation, illumination, renewable energy sources
- Environmental comfort
- Test trials in laboratories
Download the flyer
IEA SHC Task 59
IEA SHC Task 59 - Deep Renovation of Historic Buildings towards lowest possible energy demand and ...Duration: April 2016 - February 2021Funding: Public institutions (Other projects ...
EU AS ATLAS, Advanced Tools for Low-carbon, high-value development of historic architecture in the ...Duration: April 2018 - July 2021Funding: Other EU Funding (EU funding / ...
BIPV meets history
EU ITA-CH BIPV meets history - Competitive value chain for viable BIPV in building renovationDuration: May 2019 - August 2022Funding: Other EU Funding (EU funding / ...
EU ITA-AUT SHELTER: Smart Rural Heritage along Tourism RoutesDuration: August 2019 - March 2022Funding: FESR (EU funding / Project)
EU FESR PLANFenster - Planning and optimization of South Tyrolean wood windows and their ...Duration: March 2017 - March 2020Funding: FESR (EU funding / Project)
INNOEnergie–Digital data concepts to promote energy efficiency in agricultureDuration: April 2020 - July 2022Funding: Other EU Funding (EU funding / ...