Institute for Renewable Energy - Urban and regional energy systems
Urban and regional energy systems
The goals of the group are the sustainable energy planning and policies, spatial decision support systems, models for sustainable energy development, big data frameworks and economic and financial evaluations of solutions at urban and regional level.
The goals of this research group concern the sustainable energy planning and policies, spatial decision support systems, models for sustainable energy development, big data frameworks and economic and financial evaluations of sustainable energy solutions at urban and regional level.
Urban and energy systems are complex, for this reason the scientific approach, such as the composition of the group, is multidisciplinary: group collaborators come from both academic world and the world of business and design, combinig research and development.
The membership in international and national scientific networks allows a continuous confrontation and update on the studied topics. In particular, the research group is active in initiatives of the International Energy Agency (IEA), International Society Of City And Regional Planners (ISOCARP), United Nations, European Commission and the Alpine Convention, as well as in discussion groups and international and national companies.
- development of urban and regional energy plans and Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAP)
- development of tools and models for energy strategic planning
- spatial decision support and big data frameworks
- coordination of international, European and local development projects
RESEARCH PROJECTS ARE FOCUSED ON:
- design of integrated energy systems
- modeling of urban energy systems
- strategies and guidelines for the reduction of CO2 emissions
- financial and economic evaluations of integrated energy systems
SCIENTIFIC CONSULTANCY FOR PUBBLIC AUTHORITIES ARE PROVIDED IN TERMS OF:
- consultancy for energy saving and efficiency
- support in the design and implementation of smart cities and smart regions
- strategies to transform fossil energy systems into efficient and renewable systems based on the characteristics of the place
- innovative solutions to improve the form, structure and functioning of regional and urban energy systems
- tools for energy planning and strategies for energy saving
- use of renewable energy sources
- holistic solutions and scalability of innovative technical solutions in complex energy systems
Download the flyer
EU H2020 JUSTNature - Activation of nature-based solutions for a just low carbon transitionDuration: - Funding: Societal Challenge (Horizon 2020 ...
EU H2020 VARICITIES - VISIONARY NATURE BASED ACTIONS FOR HEALTH, WELLBEING & RESILIENCE IN CITIESDuration: - Funding: Societal Challenge (Horizon 2020 ...
EU H2020 IMPETUS - Dynamic information Management approach for the implementation of climate ...Duration: - Funding: Societal Challenge (Horizon 2020 ...
EU HEU ProLight - Progressive lighthouse districts serving as green district Gate towards Leadership ...Duration: - Funding: Horizon Europe (EU funding / ...
EU HEU PROPEL - Development of innovative Positive Energy Districts (PEDs) in systems of ...Duration: - Funding: Other EU Funding (EU funding / ...
EU H2020 STARDUST - Holistic and integrated urban model for smart citiesDuration: - Funding: Societal Challenge (Horizon 2020 ...
EU H2020 HotMaps - Heating and Cooling: Open Source Tool for Mapping and Planning of Energy SystemsDuration: - Funding: Societal Challenge (Horizon 2020 ...
EU H2020 EnerMaps - Open Source Tools to Share, Compare, and Reuse Low-Carbon Energy DataDuration: - Funding: Societal Challenge (Horizon 2020 ...
EU Life PLENTY-LIFE: Institutionalized cross-sector Planning and dedicated capacity building to ...Duration: - Funding: 2021 – 2027 (Life+ / EU funding / ...
EU JPI SOLSTICE ROLES - Responsive Organising for Low Emission SocietiesDuration: - Funding: Other EU Funding (EU funding / ...
EU Interreg AS CERVINO - Creating an energy data exchange and visualization tool for the AlpsDuration: - Funding: Alpine Space 2021-2027 (EUTC / EU ...
EU H2020 Heart - Holistic Energy and Architectural Retrofit ToolkitDuration: - Funding: Societal Challenge (Horizon 2020 ...
EU MSC ITN Smart-BEEjS - Human-Centric Energy Districts: Smart Value Generation by Building ...Duration: - Funding: Excellence Science (Horizon 2020 ...
IT SNSvs SEC - Circular Economy Strategy for the Autonomous Province of BolzanoDuration: - Funding: Other National funding (National ...
EU H2020 MSCA IF ARTEMIS - An integrated appRoach To improve the Environmental perforMance of smart ...Duration: - Funding: Excellence Science (Horizon 2020 ...
CirCo - Circular Coffee (Cariplo)Duration: - Funding: Other National funding (National ...
EU FP7 SINFONIA - Smart INitiative of cities Fully cOmmitted to iNvest In Advanced large-scaled ...Duration: - Funding: Cooperation (FP7 /EU funding ...