SUSTAIN is a project funded by the European Commission with the aim to provide an educational and exchange platform for students and professionals who want to enhance their KNOWLEDGE in the field of SUSTAINABLE URBAN DEVELOPMENT.
The project offers a new e-learning course on sustainable energy planning and low carbon development with 9 different WEBINARS focusing on sustainable energy and low carbon development and their integration in the traditional urban planning discipline.
Every participant gets a completion CERTIFICATE and a recommendation letter in order to get 2 ECTS CREDITS.
Dates: June 7 – August 25, 2016
Module Coordinators: European Academy of Bolzano, Italy
Language of Instruction: English
Application Deadline: May 31, 2016
Course fee: free of charge
The e-learning course on sustainable energy planning and low carbon development will take a closer look at the main urban planning tools for sustainable energy planning and low carbon development and conduct empirical case studies to critically reflect and discuss the key topics.
Who can participate
Undergraduate students (3rd or 4th year), young professionals or post-graduate students (Master’s degree,) in the fields of urban planning, environmental science, and other related disciplines.
The course will be confirmed with at least 15 and maximum 30 participants. Interested students should apply and follow the instructions on the online registration system
Final acceptance will be notified between the 23rd and 27th of May 2016.
Application deadline: 31st May 2016
PART 1: SUSTAINABLE ENERGY PLANNING AND LOW CARBON DEVELOPMENT KEY CONCEPTS
- June 7th Lecture 1 - Definitions of Key Concepts
PART 2: INTRODUCTION OF MAIN TOPICS OF SEPLCD AND INTEGRATION IN TRADITIONAL URBAN PLANNING DISCIPLINE
- June 17th Lecture 2 - Energy challenges and Sustainability
- June 27th Lecture 3 - Energy, Planning and urban Form
- July 7th Lecture 4 - Planning for Energy: Energy infrastructure
- July 18th Lecture 5 - Planning for Energy: Transportation
- July 27th Lecture 6 - Low Carbon Development and Carbon Emissions Accounting
- August 8th Lecture 7 - Investing, Financing and Institutional Governance of Energy
PART 3: TOOLS FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY PLANNING AND LOW CARBON DEVELOPMENT
- August 25th Lecture 8 - Sustainable Energy Action Plan
- June 21st Lecture 9 - Heat Demand Mapping, urban Heat Island Mapping and Solar Cadaster
Introduction video to Sustain project