In rural areas there is still great potential to use material and immaterial resources sustainably. To this end, we are working with local people to develop implementation-oriented concepts that combine experiences from research and practice.
In rural areas there is still great potential to use material and immaterial resources sustainably. To this end, we are working together with local people to develop implementation-oriented concepts that combine experiences from research and practice. The aim is to create innovative business models and balanced living conditions in line with the sustainability goals. With this intention, we are working to strengthen local value chains and build a resilient bio and circular economy.
In co-creation processes and with quantitative analysis we elaborate development strategies to valorizes rural assets. The objective is to facilitate the transition towards sustainable growth and equivalent living conditions in mountain areas and rural regions.
- Greening of the rural economy and sustainable use of local and regional resources along value chains with specific focus on bioeconomy & circular economy in agriculture, forestry, food and tourism;
- Scientific monitoring of structural change in mountain communities;
- Creation of equivalent relationships between urban & rural areas through horizontal and vertical cooperation;
- Design of steering measures for the valorisation of the Alpine cultural heritage such as territorial strategies and legal provisions.
- Sustainable development strategies for agritourism.
- EUSALP AG6
- EUSALP Task Force for Multifunctional Forestry and Sustainable Use of Timber
- CIPRA International
- Science for Carpathians
- Secretariat of the Carpathian Convention, UNEP Vienna
- AlpPlan Network
News & Events
Buch “Hüter der Vielfalt“
Diese Publikation entstand im Rahmen des Interreg Italien-Schweiz-Projekts „Grenzüberschreitende Governance-Instrumente zur Wertschätzung und Erhaltung eines lebendigen immateriellen kulturellen ...
Kulturpflanzenvielfalt und Saatguterhaltung im Pustertal
Der Abschlussbericht zum Projekt Pustertaler Kulturartenvielfalt (Pukuvi) widmet sich der lokalen Herkunft traditioneller Landsorten und deren ErhalterInnen
Research Group Projects
EU H2020 IMPETUS - Dynamic information Management approach for the implementation of climate ...Duration: - Funding: Societal Challenge (Horizon 2020 ...
Enabling institutional change for innovation in European peripheries: from policy to implementationDuration: - Funding: Excellence Science (Horizon 2020 ...
Climate Change Adaptation Strategy South TyrolDuration: - Funding: Other Province BZ funding (Province ...
Monitoring of small-scale forest holders in South Tyrol - for collecting forest economic indicatorsDuration: - Funding: Public institutions (Other projects ...
NEST Part 1
Sustainable Food System South Tyrol Part 1Duration: - Funding: Provincial P.-L.P. 14. Research ...